Saturday, December 22, 2018

Among the water-lilies by Khalil Gibran

Music:
Ahebak - Hussain Al Jassmi - Violin Cover by Andre Soueid



Among the water-lilies
From"Jesus,The son Of man"
Khalil Gibran

Upon a day my beloved and I
were rowing upon the lake of sweet waters.
And the hills of Lebanon were about us.

We moved beside the weeping willows, and the reflections
of the willows were deep around us.

And while I steered the boat with an oar, my beloved took
her lute and sang thus:

What flower save the lotus knows the waters and the sun?
What heart save the lotus heart shall know both earth and sky?

Behold my love, the golden flower that floats 'twixt deep and high
Even as you and I float betwixt a love that has for ever been
And shall for ever be.

Dip your oar, my love,
And let me touch my strings.
Let us follow the willows, and let us leave not the water-lilies.

In Nazareth there lives a Poet, and His heart is like the lotus.
He has visited the soul of woman,
He knows her thirst is growing out of the waters,
And her hunger for the sun, though all her lips are fed.

They say He walks in Galilee.
I say He is rowing with us.
Can you not see His face, my love?
Can you not see, where the willow bough and its reflection meet,
He is moving as we move?

Beloved, it is good to know the youth of life.
It is good to know its singing joy.
Would that you might always have the oar,
And I my stringed lute,
Where the lotus laughs in the sun,
And the willow is dipping to the waters,
And His voice is upon my strings.

Dip your oar, my beloved,
And let me touch my strings.
There is a Poet in Nazareth
Who knows and loves us both.
Dip your oar, my lover,
And let me touch my strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...