Friday, April 13, 2018

I love You Like a River by Paulo Coelho

Music:
HAUSER - Vocalise (Rachmaninov)


I love You Like a River
by Paulo Coelho
From "Aleph"

I love you because all the loves in the world
are like different rivers flowing into the same lake, where they
meet and are transformed into a single love that becomes rain
and blesses the earth.

I love you like a river that gives water to the thirsty
and takes people where they want to go.

I love you like a river which understands that it must learn to
flow differently over waterfalls and to rest in the shallows.

I love you because we are all born in the same place, at the same
source, which keeps us provided with a constant supply of water.

And so, when we feel weak, all we have to do is wait a little.
The spring returns, the winter snows melt and fill us with new energy.

I receive your love and I give you mine.
Not the love of a man for a woman,
not the love of a father for a child,
not the love of God for his creatures.

But a love with no name and no explanation
Like a river that cannot explain why it follows
a particular course, but simply flows onwards.

A love that asks for nothing and gives nothing in return;
it is simply there. I will never be yours and you will
never be mine; nevertheless, I can honestly say: I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...