Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Journey by Alison Stormwolf

Christine Comyn Art

The Journey
by Alison Stormwolf

I had to go a wandering
Leave everything behind me
I had to find the reason for my life
I had to go a seeking
And tracing ancient pathways
My lonely journey cut me like a knife.

I had to scale the mountains
Of passion and possessions
I had to trawl the grave of poverty
But still my soul was urging me
To keep upon that pathway
The only one to set my spirit free

I could not look to others
To help me on my journey
The task was mine and mine alone
So many nights in torment
So many painful daybreaks
SO many times I cried out
To go home

But now I have a new song
A different new perspective
A blessed new awareness of my role
It's been a long hard journey
From that aching inner yearning
But not too long to go now
Until I am home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...