Tuesday, October 20, 2015

On the path of love:City of love by Rumi*Pull the thorns from your heart*Those Who Don't Feel This Love

Music:
Yedi Karanfil- Saki Seven Cloves-Saki )



Leonid Afremov Art

City of Love
Rumi

I've travelled around
raced through every city
while i knew all along
no place could be found
like the city of love

If i could have known
to value what i owned
i would not have suffered
like a fool
the life of a vagabond


I've heard many tunes
all over the globe
all empty
as a kettledrum
except the music of love

It was the sound of
that hollow drum
that made me fall
from the heavens
to this mortal life


I used to soar
among souls
like a heart's flight
winglessly roaming and
celestially happy

I used to drink
like a flower that drinks
without lips or throat
of the wine that overflows
with laughter and joy


Suddenly
i was summoned by love
to prepare for a journey
to the temple of
suffering

I cried desperately
i begged and pleaded
and shredded my clothes
not to be sent
to this world


Just the way i fear now
going away
to the other world
i was frightened then
to make my descent

Love asked me to go
with no fear to be alone
promising to be close
everywhere i go
closer than my veins


Love threw its spell
its magic and allure
using coyness and charm
i was totally sold and
bought everything with joy

Who am i to resist
love's many tricks
and not to fall
while the whole world
takes love's bait


Love showed me
a path but then
lost me on the way
if i could have resisted
i would have found my way

I can show you my friend
surely how you can get there
but here and now
my pen has broken down
before telling you how...


Pull the thorns from your heart
Rumi

Behind the blood-stained curtains of Love
there are fields of flowers
where the lovers wander.

While the mind sees only boundaries
Love knows the secret way there.

While the mind smells profit and quickly sets up shop
Love sees untold of treasures far beyond.

Lovers trust in the wealth of their hearts
while the all-knowing mind sees only thorns ahead.

To wander in the fields of flowers
pull the thorns from your heart.


Those Who Don't Feel This Love
Rumi

Those who don`t feel this Love
pulling them like a river,
those who don`t drink dawn
like a cup of springwater
or take in sunset like supper,
those who don`t want to change,

let them sleep

This Love is beyond the study of theology,
that old trickery and hypocrisy.
If you want to improve your mind that way,

sleep on

I`ve given up on my brain.
I`ve torn the cloth to shreds
and thrown it away.

If you`re not completely naked,
wrap your beautiful robe of words
around you,

and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...