Monday, December 12, 2011

It’s the Journey That’s Important…by John McLeod /Life quotes by Dawna Markova,Jack London,William Ellery Channing,

Music:
ERNESTO CORTAZAR - Intermezzo


I will not die an unlived life:Life quote
Dawna Markova

I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or
catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to
open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen
my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes
to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which
comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit.


I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark
should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry
rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me
in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.
Jack London


Art by kevin Beilfuss

My symphony
William Ellery Channing
To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than
luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not
respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly,
talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and
sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely,
await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual,
unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common.
This is to be my symphony.

It’s the Journey That’s Important…
John McLeod

Art by Daniel F Gerhartz

Life, sometimes so wearying
Is worth its weight in gold
The experience of traveling
Lends a wisdom that is old
Beyond our ‘living memory’
A softly spoken prayer:
“It’s the journey that’s important,
Not the getting there!”

Ins and outs and ups and downs
Life’s road meanders aimlessly?
Or so it seems, but somehow
Leads us where we need to be,
And being simply human
We oft question and compare….
“Is the journey so important
Or the getting there?”

And thus it’s always been
That question pondered down the ages
By simple men with simple ways
To wise and ancient sages….
How sweet then, quietly knowing
Reaching destination fair:
“It’s the journey that’s important,
Not the getting there!


Art by Budai Laszlo


You will never know how much you believe something until
it is a matter of life and death.” “If you think of this
world as a place intended simply for our happiness, you find
it quite intolerable: think of it as a place of training and
correction and it’s not so bad.
C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. it feels good to find this kind of stuff while surfing on net… keep posting i liked it very much
    Astalavista Baby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...